The Citrus Generator is the easiest and safest method for degreening.
Citrus Generator Benefits:
- Extremely easy to use to obtain low levels (<10 ppm) of ethylene for citrus degreening
- Operating Instructions are basic and simple; there are no explosion possibilities when following the easy product directions*
- The generator has eight output settings make it able to accommodate different room sizes and ethylene requirements
How it Works:
- Simply place in the degreening room in a convenient location
- Plug into a properly grounded electrical outlet
- Select conversion rate
- Pour in Ethy-Gen® II Concentrate
- Power on…Ethylene production begins in just a few minutes!
Proper Operation Indicator Light
With intelligent microprocessor technology, critical production processes of the generator are monitored. A highly visible light on the top of the generator constantly shows the operation status of the unit; a green light makes it clearly evident of ethylene production, or a red light will provide an alert in the rare occurrence of a malfunction.
- Ethylene output is uniform for better fruit degreening.
- 2-liter Ethy-Gen® II Concentrate reservoir.
- Eight (8) position switch to adjust ethylene output*. The unit will convert one litre of Ethy-Gen® II to ethylene in:
- 172 HOURS / LITRE
- 140 HOURS / LITRE
- 120 HOURS / LITRE
- 108 HOURS / LITRE
- 96 HOURS / LITRE
- 84 HOURS / LITRE
- 72 HOURS / LITRE
- 60 HOURS / LITRE
*Note that these settings are designed to achieve ethylene levels of 10 ppm or less
The Citrus Generator is designed for degreening rooms 850 m3 (30,018 ft3) and smaller.
For larger rooms, the Easy-Ripe® Generator, with a larger ethylene production capacity, may be required.
The Centralized Ripening System® (CRS) is ideal for large scale degreening operations.
For citrus degreening, we recommend that ethylene levels be monitored to prevent fruit damage. It is best to take ethylene readings with ethylene measurement devices and select the setting that produces the ethylene level desired. As always, please contact us if we can be of service.
Available in either voltage:
- 120 VAC / 60 Hz / 1.2A / 160W
- 230 VAC / 50-60 Hz / 0.65A / 160W
Dimension and Weight:
- Height 30.5 cm
- Depth 23.5 cm
- Width 24.1 cm
- 5.8 kg; Shipping weight is 6.35 kg
- UNDERWRITERS LABORATORIES, 4F95 LISTED (120 VAC Model)
- TÜV SÜD, Z1A 06 05 26083 001 (230 VAC Model)
- 73/23/CEE: EC Low Voltage Directive
- 89/336/EEC: EC Directive of Electromagnetic Compatibility
Minimum Room Size:
- 1,600 cubic feet / 45 cubic meters
- One (1) year
*Remember that ethylene is explosive at 27,000 ppm; always use our generators in ripening rooms that are 1,600ft3 / 45 m3 or larger. Our products, when used as directed, cannot produce explosive levels of ethylene in commercial ripening rooms.