Reliable, effective and easy to use, our Auto Ripe® Generators hold enough Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate to perform up to four ripening cycles, in a one or two load ripening room.
The Auto-Ripe® Generator is available for lease (North America) or purchase (worldwide).
How it Works:
- Just pour one to four liters of Ethy-Gen® II and ethylene production quickly begins.
- Provides non-pressurized and safe* ethylene on a continuous basis for uniform ripening & degreening.
- Ethylene output is adjustable for multiple room sizes, which means the Auto-Ripe® can adapt to any ethylene PPM requirements. For larger rooms, additional units easily achieve proper ethylene levels.
Proper Operation Indicator Light
With intelligent microprocessor technology, critical processes of the generator are monitored.
Continuous indication of operation status is provided, making it clearly evident of ethylene production.
Compliance with International Testing Standards
- Can work with a computerized ripening room control system.
- Wall-mount is standard.
- Large 4-liter reservoir.
- Minimum room size for an Auto-Ripe® is 2,000 ft3 / 57 m3.
Conversion Rate Settings and approximate room size:
# 1: 1 liter of Ethy-Gen® II every 48 hours; 2,000 to 2,499 ft³ (57 – 70 m³)
# 2: 1 liter of Ethy-Gen® II every 36 hours; 2,499 to 4,999 ft³ (71 – 141 m³)
# 3: 1 liter of Ethy-Gen® II every 24 hours; 5,000 to 7,499 ft³ (142 – 212 m³)
# 4: 1 liter of Ethy-Gen® II every 12 hours; 7,500 to 12,000 ft³ (213 – 340 m³)
Note that it may be possible to use just one generator for a room that is larger than 12,000 ft³ (LxWxH, 340 m³); it depends upon how tight the room is. We have found these setting to be applicable for most rooms and provide sufficient ethylene (150 – 300 ppm) to initiate the ripening process in bananas, tomatoes and other fruits (except citrus, which requires less than 10 ppm; for this, use our Citrus Generator). However, some ripeners prefer to take ethylene readings with an Air Sampling Kit and select the setting that produces the ethylene level desired. As always, please contact us if we can be of service.
Note that for rooms larger than 340 m³, additional generators can be used to achieve the proper ethylene level.
- Available in either:
- 120 VAC / 60 Hz / 1.2A / 160W or 230 VAC /50-60 Hz / 0.65A / 160W
- Weight: 13 lbs (5.9 kg), Shipping Weight 16 lbs (7.3 kg)
- Height: 12 in. | 30.5 cm
- Depth: 6 in. | 15.2 cm
- Width: 14 in. | 35.6 cm
*Note: Remember that ethylene is explosive at 27,000 ppm; always use our Auto-Ripe® Generator in a ripening room that is 2,000 ft3 / 57 m3 or larger. Our products, when used as directed, cannot produce explosive levels of ethylene in commercial ripening rooms.