Reliable, effective and easy to use, our Auto Ripe® Generators hold enough Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate to perform up to four ripening cycles, in a one or two load ripening room.
The Auto-Ripe® Generator 2021 is available for lease (North America) or purchase (worldwide).
How it Works:
- Just pour one to four liters of Ethy-Gen® II and ethylene production quickly begins.
- Provides non-pressurized and safe* ethylene on a continuous basis for uniform ripening & degreening.
- Ethylene output is adjustable for multiple room sizes, which means the Auto-Ripe® can adapt to any ethylene PPM requirements. For larger rooms, additional units easily achieve proper ethylene levels.
- Low-level light indicates when Ethy-Gen II reservoir reaches levels of 250 mL or below
Slim Design & Wall-Mounting Ability
Four keyhole slots are on the backside of the Auto-Ripe® Generator 2021 for quick and easy wall-mounting. For your convenience, we’ve provided a printable wall template for installation here.
At only 5.6 inches / 14.2 cm depth, the Auto-Ripe® is an ideal solution for narrow ripening rooms. Ease your mind as forklifts and other mechanical equipment enter and exit ripening rooms with this slim design.
Proper Operation & Low Level Indicator Light
With intelligent microprocessor technology, critical processes of the generator are monitored.
Continuous indication of operation status is provided, making it clearly evident of ethylene production.
Two LED lights turn on when the reservoir of Ethy-Gen® II reaches low levels of 250 mL (0.26 qt.) or less.
Compliance with International Testing Standards
This innovative generator and Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate is the only one of its kind to be certified by TÜV SÜV America.
- Can work with a computerized ripening room control system
- Wall-mount is standard
- Large 4-litre reservoir
- 2.5 and 1-litre reservoir tank size also available
- Minimum room size for an Auto-Ripe® is 2,000 ft3 / 57 m3
Conversion Rate Settings and approximate room size:
# 1: 1 litre of Ethy-Gen® II every 48 hours; 2,000 to 2,499 ft³ (57 – 70 m³)
# 2: 1 litre of Ethy-Gen® II every 36 hours; 2,499 to 4,999 ft³ (71 – 141 m³)
# 3: 1 litre of Ethy-Gen® II every 24 hours; 5,000 to 7,499 ft³ (142 – 212 m³)
# 4: 1 litre of Ethy-Gen® II every 12 hours; 7,500 to 12,000 ft³ (213 – 340 m³)
Note that it may be possible to use just one generator for a room that is larger than 12,000 ft³ (LxWxH, 340 m³); it depends upon how tight the room is. We have found these setting to be applicable for most rooms and provide sufficient ethylene (150 – 300 ppm) to initiate the ripening process in bananas, tomatoes and other fruits (except citrus, which requires less than 10 ppm; for this, use our Citrus Generator). However, some ripeners prefer to take ethylene readings with an Air Sampling Kit and select the setting that produces the ethylene level desired. As always, please contact us if we can be of service.
Note that for rooms larger than 340 m³, additional generators can be used to achieve the proper ethylene level.
- Available in either:
- 120 VAC / 60 Hz / 1.33A / 160W or 230 VAC /50-60 Hz / 0.66A / 160W
- Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg), Shipping Weight 20 lbs (9.07 kg)
- Height: 22.5 in. | 57.15 cm
- Depth: 5.6 in. | 14.2 cm
- Width: 13.8 in. | 34.93 cm
*Note: Remember that ethylene is explosive at 27,000 ppm; always use our Auto-Ripe® Generator in a ripening room that is 2,000 ft3 / 57 m3 or larger. Our products, when used as directed, cannot produce explosive levels of ethylene in commercial ripening rooms.