Easy-Ripe® Ethylene Generators are the easiest and safest method for ripeners:
- Simply place in the ripening room in a convenient location
- Plug into a properly grounded electrical outlet
- Select conversion rate
- Pour one or two quarts of Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate
- Ethylene production begins in just a few minutes!
The easiest and safest* way to apply ethylene!
The Easy-Ripe® Generator is available for lease in some countries or purchase (worldwide); contact us for details.
For Operating Instructions in various languages, please see our Support Page: Operating Instructions
The Easy-Ripe® Generator provides non-pressurized and safe* ethylene on a continuous basis for uniform ripening & degreening.
Ethylene output is adjustable for multiple room sizes, which means the Easy-Ripe® can adapt to any ethylene PPM requirements. For larger rooms, additional units easily achieve proper ethylene levels.
Proper Operation Indicator Light: With intelligent microprocessor technology, critical production processes of the generator are monitored. A highly visible light on the top of the generator constantly shows the operation status of the unit:
A green light makes it clearly evident of ethylene production
A red light will provide an alert in the rare occurrence of a malfunction.
- Can work with a computerized ripening room control system.
- Available in a wall-mounted version.
- Large 2.7 quart reservoir (2.56 liters).
Conversion Rate Settings of Ethy-Gen® II and approximate room size:
#1: 1 Quart every 48 hours; 1,500 to 2,499 ft3 (43 – 70 m3)
#2: 1 Quart every 36 hours; 2,499 to 4,999 ft3 (71 – 141 m3)
#3: 1 Quart every 24 hours; 5,000 to 7,499 ft3 (142 – 212 m3)
#4: 1 Quart every 12 hours; 7,500 to 12,000 ft3 (213 – 340 m3)
We have found these setting to be applicable for most rooms and provide sufficient ethylene (150 – 300 ppm) to initiate the ripening process in bananas, tomatoes and other fruits (except citrus, which requires less than 10 ppm; for this, use our Citrus Generator). However, some ripeners prefer to take ethylene readings with ethylene measurement devices and select the setting that produces the ethylene level desired. As always, please contact us if we can be of service.
Note that for rooms larger than 12,000 ft3 (340 m3), additional generators can be used, if needed, to achieve the proper ethylene level. It may be possible to use just one generator for a room that is larger than 12,000 ft3; it depends upon how tight the room is. We have some customers that are able to use just one generator in rooms that are 20,000 ft3 (566 m3) and achieve 150 ppm of ethylene.
Available in either voltage:
- 120 VAC / 60 Hz / 1.2A / 160W
- 230 VAC / 50-60 Hz / 0.65A / 160W
Dimension and Weight:
- 12” height (30.5 cm)
- 9.25” depth (23.5 cm)
- 9.5” width (24.1 cm)
- 13 lb. (5.8 kg); Shipping weight is 14 pounds (6.35 kg)
- UNDERWRITERS LABORATORIES, 4F95 LISTED (120 VAC Model)
- TÜV SÜD, Z1A 06 05 26083 001 (230 VAC Model)
- 73/23/CEE: EC Low Voltage Directive
- 89/336/EEC: EC Directive of Electromagnetic Compatibility
Minimum Room Size:
- 1,600 cubic foot (45 cubic meters)
- One (1) year
*Remember that ethylene is explosive at 27,000 ppm; always use our generators in ripening rooms that is are 1600 ft3 or larger (45 m3). Our products, when used as directed, cannot produce explosive levels of ethylene in commercial ripening rooms.