The Tobacco Curing Generator
Cuts up to 30 hours of normal yellowing, wilting and drying times of mature leaves, saving you money on electricity and fuel, and yielding higher-quality tobacco leaves.
Reduce instances of green butts, green fibers and other “off” colors when you use our Tobacco Curing Generator. Begin by placing the generator in the furnace area, inserting the ethylene hose into the airflow chamber (see photo; also, this page provides more information on generator placement). Then pour in one or two quarts of Ethy-Gen® II into the Tobacco Curing Generator; ethylene production begins within minutes and is continuous for improved and faster curing.
- Because it is portable, one can be shared between as many as six curing systems.
- With intelligent microprocessor technology, critical processes of the generator are monitored. Continuous indication of operation status is provided, making it clearly evident of ethylene production.
- 120 VAC / 1.2 AMP / 160 W / 60 Hz
- 230 VAC / 0.65 AMP / 160 W / 50 – 60 Hz
- 2.7 QUARTS (2.56 LITERS)
Need a larger tank capacity? Try our Best-Cure® Generator.
CONVERSION RATE ADJUSTABLE SETTING
- ONE QUART ETHY-GEN® II CONVERTS TO ETHYLENE OVER A PERIOD OF 6 or 12 HOURS (as selected by user)
- In the US: Our Tobacco Curing Generators, Best-Cure® Generators, and Ethy-Gen®II Ripening Concentrate are carried by many US Farm Supply / Gas Companies throughout Virginia, NC, SC, and Georgia.
- See our list of dealers or contact us.
- For International sales, including our 220VAC versions, please contact us directly or one of our International Distributors.
Need to know how to cure tobacco using our generators? Click here for our Tobacco Curing Suggestions.
This generator provides safe and effective ethylene levels; however, ethylene is explosive at 27,000 ppm, so only use our equipment in spaces that are 1600 ft3 (45m3) or larger.