The Citrus Generator
Our generators are available for lease (North America, Australia and UK) or purchase (worldwide). We can help specify which generators will best suit your needs.
Citrus Generator Benefits:
- Extremely easy to use to obtain low levels (<10 ppm) of ethylene for citrus degreening
- Operating Instructions are basic and simple; there are no explosion possibilities when following the easy product directions*
- The generator has eight output settings make it able to accommodate different room sizes and ethylene requirements
How it Works:
- Simply place in the degreening room in a convenient location
- Plug into a properly grounded electrical outlet
- Select conversion rate
- Pour in Ethy-Gen® II Concentrate
- Power on…Ethylene production begins in just a few minutes!
With intelligent microprocessor technology, critical production processes of the generator are monitored. A highly visible light on the top of the generator constantly shows the operation status of the unit; a green light makes it clearly evident of ethylene production, or a red light will provide an alert in the rare occurrence of a malfunction.
- Ethylene output is uniform for better fruit degreening.
- 2.7 quart Ethy-Gen® II Concentrate reservoir.
- Eight (8) position switch to adjust ethylene output. The unit will convert one quart of Ethy-Gen® II to ethylene in:
- 144 HOURS / QUART
- 32 HOURS / QUART
- 120 HOURS / QUART
- 108 HOURS / QUART
- 96 HOURS / QUART
- 84 HOURS / QUART
- 72 HOURS / QUART
- 60 HOURS / QUART
The Citrus Generator is designed for degreening rooms 30,000 ft3 (850 m3) and smaller.
For larger rooms, the Easy-Ripe® Generator, with a larger ethylene production capacity, may be required.
The Centralized Ripening System® (CRS) is ideal for large scale degreening operations.
Voltage: 230 VAC / 50-60 Hz / 0.65A / 160W or 120 VAC / 60 Hz / 1.2A / 160W
Weight: 11 lb. (5 kg); Shipping weight is 12 pounds (5.44 kg)
Dimensions: 12” height (30.5 cm) / 9.25” depth (23.5 cm) / 9.5” width (24.1 cm)
Minimum Room Size: 1,600 cubic foot (45 cubic meters)
Warranty: One (1) year
*Note: Remember that ethylene is explosive at 27,000 ppm; always use our generator in a ripening room that is 1,600 ft³ (45 m³) or larger. Our products, when used as directed, cannot produce explosive levels of ethylene in commercial ripening rooms.