The Citrus Generator
Our generators are available for lease (North America and UK) or purchase (worldwide). We can help specify which generators will best suit your needs.
Citrus Generator Benefits:
- Extremely easy to use to obtain low levels (<10 ppm) of ethylene for citrus degreening
- Operating Instructions are basic and simple; there are no explosion possibilities when following the easy product directions*
- The generator has eight output settings make it able to accommodate different room sizes and ethylene requirements
How it Works:
- Simply place in the ripening room in a convenient location
- Plug into a properly grounded electrical outlet
- Select conversion rate
- Pour in Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate
- Power on…Ethylene production begins in just a few minutes!
With intelligent microprocessor technology, critical production processes of the generator are monitored. A highly visible light on the top of the generator constantly shows the operation status of the unit; a green light makes it clearly evident of ethylene production, or a red light will provide an alert in the rare occurrence of a malfunction.
- Ethylene output is uniform for better fruit degreening.
- 2.7 quart Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate reservoir.
- Eight (8) position switch to adjust ethylene output. The unit will convert one quart of Ethy-Gen® II to ethylene in:
- 144 HOURS / QUART
- 32 HOURS / QUART
- 120 HOURS / QUART
- 108 HOURS / QUART
- 96 HOURS / QUART
- 84 HOURS / QUART
- 72 HOURS / QUART
- 60 HOURS / QUART
The Citrus Generator is designed for degreening rooms 30,000 ft3 (850 m3) and smaller.
For larger rooms, the Easy-Ripe® Generator, with a larger ethylene production capacity, may be required.
The Centralized Ripening System® (CRS) is ideal for large scale degreening operations.
Voltage: 230 VAC / 50-60 Hz / 0.65A / 160W or 120 VAC / 60 Hz / 1.2A / 160W
Weight: 11 lb. (5 kg); Shipping weight is 12 pounds (5.44 kg)
Dimensions: 12” height (30.5 cm) / 9.25” depth (23.5 cm) / 9.5” width (24.1 cm)
Minimum Room Size: 1,500 cubic foot (43 cubic meters)
Warranty: One (1) year
*Note: Remember that ethylene is explosive at 27,000 ppm; always use our generator in a ripening room that is 1,500 ft³ (43 m³) or larger. Our products, when used as directed, cannot produce explosive levels of ethylene in commercial ripening rooms.